Last weekend I had the pleasure of going to Expo West, the largest show for organic and natural products in the world! While I was there I found some amazing plant-based products that should be part of your diet! Drum roll please... here are the best new plant-based products in the market....
1) Follow your Heart Vegan Egg : Yes you heard me correctly! Follow your heart has developed a vegan egg substitute! I ate it at the show and it is so yummy! It has the same consistency and flavor of egg, but it is made from algae! Earthy friendly and oh so good for you!
2) Veggemo Vegetal Milk: Almond milk is not good for the environment, and soy can wrack havoc on your hormones. What's a plant-based girl to do? Now, she can buy veggemo, a veggie milk made from pea protein, potato starch, and tapioca. What's even better? It has 4 grams of protein vs 1 gram in almond milk.
4) Hamona Coconut: There is nothing I love more than young coconut water and my favorite thus far has been harmless harvest. But those little bottles add up and are so bad for the earth... If only there was a more earth friendly option... Well now there is! Hamona coconut are premium coconuts that are shaved down so much that you can use a straw to pierce them! And then afterwards you can open it using only a spoon.... No machette necessary!
5) Bee Panacea: There are so many super foods to be had.... maca, pollen, spirulina, chlorella... How in the world are you supposed to eat all of that? Well, Bee panacea takes the best superfoods and adds raw honey so that you can get all your nutrition with just one teaspoon a day! Did I mention it is also delicious and Victoria Beckham is eating this like it's going out of style?
6) Buttery Coconut oil from Nutiva: Love butter in your popcorn, but your plant-based lifestyle is cramping your movie time? Well, nutiva has created an amazing buttery coconut oil that tastes exactly like butter! Just lather on top of your popcorn and add a movie....
7) Burma Love: Eat your tea: If you don't love drinking green tea, now you can eat it! Burma love are green tea leaves that are gown in Burma and then fermented. The result is an earthy addition to salads and other recipes. I highly recommend it.
8) New Barn Almond Milk ice cream: If you have ever had the pleasure of trying New Barn Almond milk, you know they are the best out there. If you haven't tried it, I recommen you find a store that carries it and try! It really tastes like homemade almond milk and now they are using their amazing milk to create dairy free ice creams! This is probably the cremiest almond milk ice cream I have ever tasted... But beware, some of the flavors have eggs....
9) Kor Shots: If you know me, you know I am all about health shots - specially ginger and turmeric... It seems Kor shots has commercialized that idea adding great ingredients like activated charcoal to rid your body of all those toxins! If you are pressed for time, I highly recommend these shots. They are delicious and really healthy!
I hope you enjoyed reading about the best of new plant-based products from Expo West!